The Go Game Blog

The Go Game Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Monday Music Club: One Hit Wonders

Well hello there. Fancy meeting you here. Sure it's been a couple of weeks and we know that you've been waiting for a new Monday Music Club. Well here it is...on a Tuesday. You see, we took a week off to mourn the death of Michael Jackson. One week of mourning and dance parties turned into two weeks and...well...here we are.

Picking one hit wonders is hard work and here are some of our favourites!





Mei's Choices

1. Divinyls - I Touch Myself: This song is nonstop entertainment.

2. Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown: My list is essentially the best 80's music from bands whose names you would never remember. I guess that's the point of a One Hit Wonder, right?

3. Soft Cell - Tainted Love: I can't stand the way you tease me.

4. Toni Basil - Mickey: Immortalised thanks to Wayne's World. Toni is now a judge on So You Think You Can Dance and man, she is a weird one.

5. K.P.& Envyi - Swing My Way: Found this on a One Hit Wonder list and simply reeks of high school memories.

Chris's Choices

1. Skee-Lo - I Wish: I wish for a lot of things. A '64 Impala is very close to the top of the list.

2. Primitive Radio Gods - Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand: Any song that references Maryland and New Orleans has my vote. But it's also got that B.B. King sample - um, yes please.

3. Deee-Lite - Groove is in the Heart: I think it's humanly impossible to listen to this song and not smile. Well, almost impossible.

4. Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You: The fuzzed out guitars and the lusty singing combine to make this one of my favourite songs ever.

5. King Harvest - Dancin in the Moonlight: It's a sexy song with a toe-tapping beat and delightful instrumentation. Basically all you need for a one-hit wonder.

What are your top one hit wonders? Tell us in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment