The Go Game Blog

The Go Game Blog

Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Music Club: Our Favourite Michael Jackson Songs

Well we had a different Monday Music Club all set to go, but MJ dominated our hearts and our Twitter feeds. Michael has been on constantly at The Go Game office since last Thursday so there were a lot of tough choices here. Without further ado, our favourite MJ songs. Get some rest Michael!





Mei's Songs - Ed. note: sure she's away on holiday, but she still brings you her thoughts!

1. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Discussions over this song resulted in a date with the dj once.

2. The Way You Make Me Feel - If I ever had a theme song, this would be a top contender.

3. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - Internal debate raged whether to include this, Blame it on the Boogie, or PYT for the essence of danceability, but the intro to this song just can't be beat. also including songs from off the wall, bad, and thriller demonstrates the breadth of Michael's work - who has this many spectacular songs on so many excellent albums anymore? you don't become pop royalty for nothing, obviously.

4. Dirty Diana - Intense.

Chris: Reminds me of Keanu

5. Human Nature - Most MJ songs I love because they're pure pop perfection. Here Michael gets all reflective and imparts some wise life lessons. RIP MJ.

Chris's Songs

1. Blame It On The Boogie - I was at a table singing this at a Turkish restaurant with a group of friends when we got the news about MJ's death. (sad face)

2. Man In The Mirror - In my first year at University my roommate would wake me up each day with this song. It can still motivate me to great heights. Thanks Trevor!

3. Rock With You - A phenomenal song for the dance floor when you need to slow it down. Hopefully they'll play this at the MJ Tribute.

4. I Want You Back - My fav of the Jackson 5. The best of Motown AND Disco AND Funk? Yes please.

5. Billie Jean (Live) - There really isn't any other way to end than with my favourite Michael Jackson song. This performance at the 25th Anniversary Motown Tribute is stellar - he debuts the Moonwalk! Even without the dance the song is legend and The Guardian sums it up far better than I ever could here.

What are your favourites? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment